CoTag Media provides content on demand, live streaming management and digital signage from one web-based platform. It provides tools to turn video into a collaboration and features the latest front-end technology for a seamless App-like experience through the browser. This includes a strong mobile focus with a responsive interface that scales to any display- from a 6inch phone to a 90inch touch display.
- A video platform build for touch - providing a great user experience on mobile or large AV touch displays
- Completely web-based so you manage one solution across all devices
- Digital Signage built in. No need to run multiple media systems - easily share media to digital displays
- Time line tagging so you can create a conversation around moments in your video
- Trigger videos and playlists from an ACAEngine control interface
VIDEO AND IMAGES
.webm .mp4, .m4v (H.264) .ogv, .ogg .png .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, .jif, .jfif, .jfi .gif
.avi .mpg .mpeg .mov
.wmv .bmp .tiff .tif .pict
.PDF (first page) .wmv
CoTag Media supports most video and image formats. The user can drag and drop files from their desktop or select files from mobile devices. Multiple files can be uploaded at the same time to multiple groups. The user can navigate away from the uploading tab even if the content is still uploading. Any non-web-standard content will be converted to web-standard media once it is uploaded. All video and images will generate a thumbnail in the media library automatically.
Adding web-pages and video streams as content
The user can select to add interactive web-pages to the media library by selecting “Add Webpages”. This can include:
- Web-standard video streams from IP Camera and streaming servers
- Interactive way-finding content
- Room Booking pages
- Data visualisation
- Interactive Marketing Content
The user can select a Thumbnail image from exisiting image files in the CoTag Media library. The web-content can then be managed like any other media item and added to playlists for playback on Digital Signage or BYOD.
Sharing content across groups
Media can playback on demand through the media library. From the media library you can also share items with other groups or move media permanently into a group. This makes it easy to share media across accounts and business units. Admin users can also change the visibility of media with three options: anyone in the group can view the item, anyone in the organisation or the public (anyone with the URL).
Adding Media to a playlist
There are two ways to add media to a playlist.
- Through the media library. The user can click on the select icon and click on any number of media items. Once they have finished selecting content you can select the playlist they want to add it to. This is the best way to add multiple items to a playlist.
- Through the playlist. Select the playlist you wish to add content to. At the bottom of the playlist is the option to add additional items. This will provide a list of all the media item names- with the most recently on top. Select the item you wish to add to the playlist. This is the best option if you want to add a single item to a playlist.
CoTag Media Channels for Digital Signage
CoTag Media channels are unique URLs that can be paired up with physical displays. No special software is required, just a standard web-browser.
- Add a group to a channel- the channel will then playback anything from its Schedule (each group has a schedule)
- Channels can have multiple groups- it will merge and playback all content.
- Add playlists through the schedule’s calendar view.
CoTag Media for automated recordings
CoTag Media can integrate with ACAEngine to trigger recordings of video streams. The user authenticates through a control interface- this can be a staff swipe card reader or a web-page. ACAEngine will start the recording and upload the video to the appropriate CoTag Media group. CoTag Media can also stitch multiple streams together as one video- this could be content and a camera or two different camera angles.
CoTag Media comes with an additional streaming dashboard so admin users can monitor and start/stop recordings.
A video tag is a time line marker that can link a conversation to a specific moment in the video.
- Tags can also be expanded into conversations.
- Tags are made during video playback or by scrubbing to the desired tag point in the video.
- Type in the text field and hit the Tag button when you are ready. This will mark the video at the time displayed in the tag button.
- Tags will appear in a list that can be expanded by others to make comments on your tags.
- Viewers can click on tags to jump to that moment in the video.
- Tags are searchable and scrollable.
- Tag moments for discussion. EG “Where did you learn to do that?”
- Tag moments for assessment and training. “You demonstrated technical competency at this moment to pass the course”
- Tag moments for indexing the video. “This is where I start talking about the future of WebRTC”.
- Tag moments for video editing. “This scene goes on for too long, I think we should cut it here”.
- Tag moments for fun. “Check this awesome moment”.
The CoTag Media Admin dashboard
CoTag Media channels can be setup on digital signage end-points. Each channel has a URL that can be entered into a media player’s web browser. An admin interface has been designed to show you thumbnail views of what the media player is currently showing, the status of the media player including processor load, heat and error messages. The admin interface also has the ability to trigger events such as browser refresh and other handy remote management commands.
For even more dashboard features you can connect CoTag Media to any standard analytics platform such as Google Analytics. This will provide play-count, location information and proof-of-play.